If you’re reading this you’re probably interested in selling digital goods over the Internet.
And, not just a few digital products, but a lot of them.
What can you sell?
- Audio products
- Video products
- Public domain works
- Scripts and software
- Digital services such as web design and hosting
- And much, much more…
The question a lot of people have is, “Is the marketing of digital goods any different than the marketing of physical goods?”
Let me say that the professional methods of marketing never change. It’s the mechanics of marketing, the medium of the message that change:
- Instead of billboards, it’s banner or text ads…
- Letters sent through the post are now emailed…
- Web sites replace brochures and full-color catalogues…
- Live chat with customer service representatives enhance or even replace 800 numbers, etc.
Eugene (Gene) M. Schwartz, the copywriter that helped Marty Edelson launch the hugely successful publishing company, Boardroom Reports, said marketing is like playing the stock market or being an atomic scientist. More…